Business parking permit
Who can apply for a business permit
- you must be employed by a business based in a commercial property in the borough
- you must use a vehicle to carry out your day-to-day duties and not only for commuting to a permanent place of work
- your vehicle must not exceed 2.3m (8’6”) in height or 5.2m (16’8”) in length.
Proof of eligibility
Letter from the company showing their company registration number and dated within 28 days of the date your application is being processed. This must be signed by an authorised person and not by you the applicant (unless you own the business) to confirm:
- your full name
- you are an employee/owner
- you need a permit to carry out your day-to-day duties and
- your vehicle registration number.
Photocopy of the UK Registration Certificate (V5C), New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) or print out from the DVLA website showing the vehicle details DVLA vehicle details.
Payment is made with a business card or cheque.
Your permit price band is determined by the CO2 emission recorded on the UK Registration Certificate (V5C). You can find out how much you have to pay for a permit by visiting the parking fees and charges page.
Where you can park
Your permit is only valid in parking bays signed:
- Permit Holders Only
- Permit Holders or Pay at Machine
- Permit Holders Pay by Phone
Your permit is not valid in any other bay, including pay and display bays signed with ‘Pay at Machine’ only.
Your permit is also valid for up to three hours in the other control zones. For further information please refer to the application.
Change of company or vehicle
You must return your permit. For further information and changes please refer to the application.
Apply for a business permit