Parking price increases come into effect on 18 April 2019

The parking charges will be increasing for on-street parking permits, off-street car parks, scratchcards, pay and display, suspensions, dispensations and skips. Please note that the diesel surcharge will be introduced in September 2019. A full list of the changes to the parking charges can be found here.

If you have received a permit reminder letter and you renew your permit on or after this date, the new charge will apply.

Public service scratchcards

Scratchcards are available for public service organisations who meet the following criteria:

  • payment is made with the organisation’s business card or cheque
  • the applicant is directly employed by the organisation
  • the organisation requires scratchcards to carry out their day-to-day duties including visitors to their premises.

How and where to use the scratchcards?

To validate a scratch card you must only scratch out one box in each section labelled date, hours and minutes (time of arrival) and month. Please note this is a 12-hour clock.

Providing your scratchcard is correctly displayed, you can park in any zone, on-street, for three hours in parking bays signed:

  • Resident permit holders only
  • Permit holders only
  • Permit holders or pay at machine.

Scratchcards are also valid on estates managed by Tower Hamlets Homes for parking in a designated visitors' or contractors' bay for a maximum of one hour.

The controlled parking times on each estate may vary – failure to comply with the controlled hours may result in the vehicle being towed away.

Your scratchcard is not valid for parking in bays signed differently to those above. You should also make sure you do not park in suspended bays regardless of whether or not the reason for the suspension is apparent.

How much do public service scratchcards cost?

A book of public service scratchcards cost £39.50. Scratchcards are not for resale and no refund be given for any unused, damaged or expired scratchcards.

Change in details

If you change your name or address you will have to make a new application and provide the relevant proofs.

Where to apply