- Data collection from staff and trustees October/November 2021
- Publish ethnic profile of staff body, leadership team and Board via ELBA website in December 2021
- Calculate and publish ethnic pay gap in December 2021
- Update data and ethnic pay gap on annual basis – ongoing
- Explore extending current data collection on service users to all direct beneficiary work
- Through implementation of ELBA Volunteering Interface begin ask business volunteers to give their ethnicity data – from April 2022
- To better identify which community organisations are Black, Asian or minority ethnic led.
- Target Increase the number of Black, Asian and minority ethnic led organisations we are supporting by 20 per cent by March 2022 and a further 20 per cent by March 2023
- Maintain/ Create programmes to support the employment and life chances of young Black men
- Further develop programmes to support young people at risk of, of already engaged in, serious youth violence and knife crime
- Further develop education and mentoring programmes to support young people from specific groups
- Act as a leader in the east London business and community sectors promoting anti-racism and community cohesion.
- To maintain the Black, Asian and minority ethnic proportion of the ELBA staff team at 50 per cent or over
- To maintain the proportion of Black, Asian and minority ethnic people in the ELBA leadership team and management team at 40 per cent or above
- To increase the proportion of Black, Asian and minority ethnic directors on the ELBA Board to 40 per cent of above by 2023.
- To use the BTEG/GLA toolkits to explore how we can help people progress in our organisation.
- To promote increased diversity and inclusion to our corporate partners
- Support Black, Asian and minority ethnic professionals so they can influence change in their organisations
- Develop programmes to interest Black, Asian and minority ethnic people in taking up decision-making positions in civic life – the NHS, as magistrates, school governors and charity trustees. Support them once in post to become leaders of those organisations
- To create a list of all our suppliers and engage them in promotion of positive diversity and inclusion policies
Awareness and communication
- To maintain the ELBA Inclusion Group to engage all staff in driving forward inclusion in ELBA
- To make public our commitment to the Pledge via the ELBA website and social media channels
- I have a public declaration of commitment in the ELBA offices for staff and external visitors to see.
- Support and promote Race Equality Week each February
- Maintain our support for the SHIFT25 campaign for social justice
- Maintain our support for the BOABAB Foundation to seek a fairer share of charitable donations for Black led charities and community groups.
By signing this pledge on behalf of my organisation, I pledge that we will address the issues identified, monitor our progress on an annual basis, and agree to be held accountable for the
delivery of our actions.
Name and role: Ian Parkes, Chief Executive