Parks and Open Spaces, street parties hire applications

Parks and Open Spaces, street parties hire applications

Data Controller and Purpose

The information you provide will be used by the London Borough of Tower Hamlets’ Arts, Parks and Events Service, to process your event paperwork. Other council departments and statutory bodies will also receive your paperwork and data submitted with the application. The service is provided under the GDPR and UK Data Protection Legislation and Tower Hamlets Council is the Data Controller. Each service will have a detailed privacy notice, to tell you more about your data and how it is processed.

We have received your contact data in addition to data relating to your suppliers, contractors, external authorities and key event staff from you and will use this for processing your event paperwork, necessary licences and permissions, payment and contract.

We process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and if you have any concerns the council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted on

Condition for processing personal data

It is necessary for us to process your personal data (name, address, contact details), under the GDPR for compliance with a legal obligation.

A delay in you providing the information requested may result in a delay in providing appropriate services.

How long do we keep your information?

We will only hold your information for as long as is required by law and to provide you with the necessary services. This is likely to be for 6 years after the case is closed. For further details, you can view our retention schedule.

We may also anonymise some personal data you provide to us to ensure that you cannot be identified and use this for statistical analysis of data to allow the council to effectively target and plan the provision of services.

Information sharing

Your personal information may be shared with internal departments or with external partners and agencies involved in delivering services on our behalf. As stated above this will include Parks, Finance, Licensing, Building Control, Health and Safety, Environmental Protection, Transportation and Highways, Transport services such as London Buses and TFL, external delivery partners and statutory bodies such as the emergency services as required.

Your Rights

You can find out more about your rights on our Data Protection page and this includes details of your rights about automated decisions, such as the ranking of Housing Applications, and how to complain to the Information Commissioner.