The LA has said that is has been supporting Raine’s with its efforts to increase its pupil intake over a number of years. This work has included;
- developing scholarship programmes in Modern Foreign Languages and Sports Studies
- rewriting the school’s admissions policy to encourage applications from children from all world faiths
- enabling the school to adopt the LA’s arrangements for pupil banding to support its efforts to achieve a balanced ability intake
- appointing the Raine’s headteacher to the Tower Hamlets School Admissions Forum and
- reserving places at Raine’s for pupils who were unsuccessful in securing places at any of the preferred schools at secondary transfer.
The Raine’s school leaders during this period would have had the responsibility to consider how best to publicise and promote the school, alongside the support provided by the LA.