Contact us by telephone
Get straight through to the service you seek:
Adult social care: 020 7364 5005
The first point of contact for all adult social care including information, advice and assessment for people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, older people & support for carers
Business rates: 020 7364 5010
For advice and information on business rates.
Children's services: 020 7364 5006
The first point of contact for children's services including social services and education, children's education services, including school admissions for nursery, primary and secondary schools in Tower Hamlets as well as grants, awards and admissions. Also children's social services including child protection, children with disabilities, advice and assessment, and fostering and adoption.
Council tax advice and information: 020 7364 5002
Council tax 24 hour payments: 020 7364 3800
Electoral services: 020 7364 0872
To register to vote, or if you have just moved into the borough, or want to apply for a postal vote
Environmental health: 020 7364 5008
For information and advice regarding food safety, health & safety, private sector housing, contaminated land, animal wardens
General enquiries: 020 7364 5020
For general enquiries and information relating to all council services, including locations & opening times.
Healthline: 020 7364 5016
To find a GP and other health services in Tower Hamlets.
Housing benefits: 020 7364 5001
For all benefits enquiries and general advice about claiming benefits.
Licensing: 020 7364 5008
For information and advice regarding licensing.
Parking services: 020 7364 5003
For all issues relating to street parking, including paying/ appealing a fine, reporting an abandoned vehicle, requesting/ renewing a permit & information on mobility services
Pest & noise nuisance: 020 7364 5007
To seek further information on pest control in Tower Hamlets, or to book an appointment with a pest control officer and to get help with problems, complaints or enquiries concerning residential and commercial noise from premises
Planning & development: 020 7364 5009
For all issues relating to planning and development, including planning applications and policy, building work, urban design, land searches, conservation, listed buildings and works to trees
All applications are to be made via the online application form - Minicom: 020 7364 4489
Streetline: 020 7364 5004
For commercial waste service, dumped rubbish, Enviro-Champions, fly-posting, graffiti, litter and litter bins, pavements, potholes, recycling, rubbish collection, street cleaning & street lighting
Switchboard: 020 7364 5000
Use this number if you know the name of the person you wish to speak to
Trading standards: 020 7364 5008
For information and advice regarding consumer protection
Out of hours calls: 020 7364 7070
For urgent issues out of hours
Other useful numbers
- 101 Police non-emergency line: To report anti-social behaviour or a crime that has already happened or to seek crime prevention advice please call the Police non-emergency 101 reporting line. Calls to 101 from landlines and mobiles cost 15 pence per call, no matter what time of day you call or how long your call lasts. Always call 999 when a crime is happening, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, someone is injured, being threatened or in danger.
- Hate crime reporting: 0800 138 0521 - 24 hour freephone number. To report any kind of hate crime anonymously including, racial and other kinds of harassment motivated by someone’s age, disability, faith or sexual orientation. Your information will then be passed on to the appropriate council team for a report to be filed and for action if necessary
- Anti fraud/ whistle blowing: 0800 528 0294
- Housing benefit fraud hotline: 020 7364 1222 (office hours) 020 7364 7443 (24 hour answer phone)
- Housing bidding line: 0845 270 2400 - 24 hour automated local rate number. To bid (apply) or withdraw a bid to rent one of the properties that the council advertises (note you must be on the housing list to bid)
Calls cost 10p per minute plus your phone network's access charge. You can also bid online at Tower Hamlets Homeseekers for free. If you don't have internet access at home, you can use computers available at the One Stop Shops and Idea Stores, free of charge, to search for suitable homes and place bids.
- Housing repairs: 0800 376 1637 - 24 hour free-phone number. For all issues relating to housing repairs for council housing, including emergency call-outs
- If you are a textphone user you can contact us by text relay. To make a call from a textphone dial 18001 + number.