Tower Hamlets Council is committed to making the borough a safer place for all road users. Road traffic collision statistics show we are right to prioritise this important issue. Measures undertaken to make roads safer include encouraging speed reduction, effective use of traffic management techniques and educating road users.
The council carries out the following activities:
- providing road safety education in schools
- providing road safety information to members of the public
- promoting the children's traffic club
- running the junior road safety officers club
- providing and managing the school crossing patrol service