The council is responsible for the control and licensing of an extensive range of activities and businesses in the borough.

Licence applications under the Licensing Act 2003

The Licensing Act 2003 has combined six existing licences covering the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment, and the provision of late night refreshment and has replaced them with a single system of premises licences. 

Visit the Alcohol and entertainment licence and late night refreshment page.

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud.  It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

For more details on how your information is used please refer to the Environmental Health & Trading Standard privacy notice.

View the weekly update of licence applications / notifications received

Tower Hamlets Public Licensing List

We maintain a list of all licences issued by us under the Licensing Act 2003, relating to alcohol and other activities such as regulated entertainment and late night food traders.

You can now search and view our online list of premises licences, personal licences and temporary event notices (TENs).

Current licensing issues

For more information

Copies of the Licensing Act 2003 can be obtained from the Office of Public Sector Information. Or a copy can be inspected at the council offices where you may also obtain an application form and further help or advice. For both the Licensing Act 2003 and the Home Office Guidance, please visit: