Hypnotism authorisation

If you wish to show, demonstrate or perform a hypnotism act in public, you must first get authorisation from us. If you receive authorisation, you must comply with any conditions attached to it. As it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted, please contact us if you haven't heard from us within a reasonable period.

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud.  It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes.

For more details on how your information is used please refer to the Environmental Health & Trading Standard privacy notice.

Please contact us if you wish to apply for authorisation or apply online through GOV.UK.

Read a summary of the regulation relating to this licence.

Appeals and complaints

If you wish to complain or appeal our decision, please contact us.

Consumer complaints

We would advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you – preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, please contact us.

If you are located in the UK, Citizens Advice will also be able to give you advice. From outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.