Parks and open spaces
Tower Hamlets has many diverse parks, gardens and open spaces for residents and visitors to enjoy.
We currently hold a record number of awards for our parks including 12 Green Flag Awards and seven gold awards from London in Bloom.
For the safety and enjoyment of park users, as well as the protection of our parks and open spaces, we have rules about using our parks. The rules are supported by our park byelaws.
If you are interested in organising an event in one of our parks or open spaces, visits our events page for more information.
A statement on the use of Tower Hamlets parks ( 2 December 2020)
Due to the new government guidelines from 2 December, the following changes are being made in parks.
A local restriction tier 2 system is now in place, including details of what you can and cannot do in each tier
- Parks will remain open for exercise and playgrounds will stay open
- Leisure centres, bowling clubs, tennis courts and skate parks will be open
- Toilets in Victoria Park currently remain open.
- Football and rugby pitches (grass, fenced and astroturf) are now open and new bookings are being taken. Stepney Green Astro Turf will re-open on Monday 7 December and bookings will be taken from 3 December
- Cafes are open
- You can exercise or visit outdoor public places with the people you live with, your support bubble, or in a group of no more than six people.
We update our guidance regularly in response to new government guidance.
If you, or anyone in your household has symptoms, you should all stay at home.