Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis

Sir John McDougall Gardens

Sir John McDougall Gardens

Dating from the middle of the 20th Century the park was named after Sir John McDougall, a local member of the London County Council (LCC).  He was also a member of the famous flour milling family, who owned a factory on the south east quay of Millwall Outer Dock from 1869 until it closed in 1982.

The park was redesigned in the late eighties by the London Docklands Development Corporation when the ground level was bought up to the top of the river wall which allows a view of the river.  The park is linked by a footbridge to the blocks of flats across Westferry Road.

The park was awarded a Green Flag Award for the first time in 2019.

Other info

The park currently holds a Green Flag Award.

Size: 1 - 5 hectares

For more information please contact the Parks and Open Spaces Service at parks@towerhamlets.gov.uk    

Address: Westferry Road, E14

Nearest Underground station: Canary Wharf DLR and Jubilee Line

Bus: 135, 277, D7

Before you travel please visit Transport For London for directions and maps.

Mile End Park green flag award