St George's Gardens
Probably one of Tower Hamlets' least known historic public Gardens. The Gardens are located on the Highway with entrances from Cable Street. The former churchyard grounds surround the Nicholas Hawksmoor designed Church of St George-in-the-East. They were opened to the public in 1875.
Through a ten month period, the Gardens have undergone a major refurbishment with support from the National Lottery Heritage Lottery Fund. New paths, planting and grass areas have been laid out and significant heritage features including monuments and walls have been conserved and repaired.
St George-in-the-East Gardens is 1.19 hectares in area size and falls under LAP 4.
For more information please contact the Parks & Open Spaces Service on 020 7364 2494 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Canon Street Road
Nearest underground station: Shadwell