Businesses that must close because of new coronavirus regulations

To reduce the spread of infection, a number of businesses and venues across the country must temporarily close, and not to open for trade.

The government created new regulations to enforce these closures where necessary. A business operating in breach of these regulations will be committing an offence.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis

Pavement Licence application

A pavement licence is to allow a public house, wine bar, other drinking establishments, restaurants, cafés or dessert bar to put tables chairs and associated furniture on the Public Highway abutting their premises, where there is sufficient space to do so.

Consideration will be given to applications no further than 1 metre from the premise building line and where they allow, a minimum of  2 metres for pedestrian access between street furniture, kerb edge and crossing points.

The licence is temporary and valid for 6 months.

The licence is a printed document that specifies the conditions and must be displayed in the business window.

Apply for a Pavement Licence