Community cohesion projects
Together in Tower Hamlets Programme
The council was successful in its bid to receive a grant as part of the ESOL for Integration Fund (EFIF) from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).
In Tower Hamlets, we have called this programme Together in Tower Hamlets.
The Together in Tower Hamlets programme wants to empower those who speak little or no English by boosting language skills. This will help
- build confidence to unleash their potential
- reduce isolation
- ensure everyone can participate in their local community.
The projects are being delivered at a local level,
- providing high quality learning experiences
- connecting people
- removing barriers to learning and integration
- helping learners reach their potential by helping them understand the opportunities available to them.
The delivery partners for this programme are
- Bromley by Bow Centre (BbBC)
- East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT)
- Workers Educational Association (WEA)
This project places children at the heart of the action as they respond to their community’s needs through tried and test global citizenship approaches and methodologies.
For further information visit the global learning website.
Arts and events
Tower Hamlets has a vibrant arts scene, with a host of festivals, family and community events, activities for young and old, and cultural events for all.
Find out more on the Arts and event information page.
Welcome to Tower Hamlets Programme
The Welcome to Tower Hamlets programme, #welcome2TowerHamlets, is a scheme that was funded by the Ministry of Housing and Communities and Local Government.
It aimed to support recent migrants to integrate into the community. People who have lived in the UK less than 10 years can take part in the programme.
It was delivered in partnership with community organisations, including ELATT, the Bromley by Bow Centre, account3 and Poplar HARCA.
For more information on our cohesion activities please contact us: