Council departments and offices
The council employs around 10,500 staff with 4,800 of them based in schools.
The corporate structure is designed to support the council's goal of ensuring the provision of services that are responsive to the needs of individuals and communities and integrated at the point of delivery.
The council management structure consists of five directorates:
- Communities Directorate
- Housing and Regeneration Directorate
- Children’s Services Directorate
- Health and Adult Social Care Directorate
- Resources Directorate
Also reporting to the Chief Executive are
- Strategy, Improvement and Transformation
- Communications and Marketing
- the Mayor’s Office