Our aim is to improve air quality in the borough for the health and benefit of our residents, businesses and visitors.
This is done by:
- monitoring the environment,
- controlling pollution emissions,
- giving advice,
- and where possible, taking enforcement action.
Information within this site has been divided into four sections:
- 'Air pollution and complaints' provides detailed information for residents who are having problems related to air pollution. There are contact details and links to register complaints and report problems.
- 'Air Quality projects and campaigns' provides information on what we are monitoring and why, what we are doing to help improve local air quality, as well as what you can do to get involved.
- 'Advanced Information on Air Quality' contains information for professionals seeking to support planning applications or review our monitoring data.
- 'What you can do' provides information about the ways in which you can play your part in improving the situation.
Air Quality Action Plan 2022-2027
We are currently reviewing and updating Tower Hamlets Air Quality Action Plan 2023-2027. Find out more about the air pollution consultation.
London Schools Pollution Helpdesk
The Mayor of London launched School Pollution Help desk In partnership with the environmental charities Global Action Plan and Impact on Urban Health, the helpdesk will support schools across the capital to deliver air quality audits.
From 22 February, schools can contact the helpdesk by phone, email, online forms or by text to ask for advice.
The website will also be a source of information, offering signposting to the best resources and case studies for schools.
For further information please visit the pollution helpdesk website.