Our aim is to improve air quality in the borough for the health and benefit of our residents, businesses and visitors.
This is done by:
- monitoring the environment,
- controlling pollution emissions,
- giving advice,
- and where possible, taking enforcement action.
Information within this site has been divided into three sections:
- 'Air Pollution' provides detailed information for residents who are having problems related to air pollution. There are contact details and links to register complaints and report problems.
- 'Air Quality Information and Campaigns' provides information on what we are monitoring and why, what we are doing to help improve local air quality, as well as what you can do to get involved.
- 'Advanced Information on Air Quality' contains information for professionals seeking to support planning applications or review our monitoring data.
Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) expansion
From 25 October 2021, ULEZ is expanding from central London. It will create a single larger zone up to the North Circular Road (A406) and South Circular Road (A205).
Find out more about the ULEZ on Transport for London's website.