Sheltered housing for homeless people
Homeless people who fit eligibility criteria (age and needs) for council run sheltered accommodation can apply for a place and will be assessed for suitability. Where they do not fit eligibility for sheltered accommodation they will be considered for other council run housing in the standard way.
The homeless services temporary accommodation team
The team aims to:
- produce and provide the best value temporary accommodation for Tower Hamlets' homeless applicants
- ensure high standards of property environment and maintenance
- respond to the requirements of our customers and contractors to ensure best value for both the council and our applicants
The temporary accommodation portfolio
Our portfolio includes:
- units owned/managed by registered social landlords
- council-owned units awaiting demolition and redevelopment which are provided as furnished non-secure tenancies
- supported accommodation for women at risk of domestic violence
- designated units for children leaving care
- bed and breakfast hotels
Unfortunately, a high proportion of our temporary accommodation is currently outside the borough.
Who should contact us
- if you have any query regarding the condition and safety of your premises and should report to the below officers without delay
- if you are experiencing anti-social behaviour
- if you are unhappy with the service provided by your landlord
The homeless service offices are fully accessible to wheelchair users. We have an induction loop for hard of hearing users and sign language can be arranged if needed.
If you have any other specific needs or disabilities, we will do all we can to make the service available to you.
Nearest tube station: Bethnal Green
Nearest bus routes:
- 8 and D6 (Roman Road)
- 309 (Globe Road)
- 106, 254 (Cambridge Heath Road)