COVID-19 update

Our services are not operating as normal due to COVID-19. We are not providing face-to-face appointments and are not available at any local outreach centres. Our services are still available via telephone and email so please get in touch.

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis

Financial and benefits advice

Support banner

Welcome to the Resident Support Service

Our service has dedicated officers who are available to help residents in Tower Hamlets with their benefits, Universal Credit, rent, council tax, budgeting advice and support with other needs.

We work with other specialist organisations in the borough who we can refer you to if needed.

About our service

Our Resident Outreach Support Officers work with residents to help with Universal Credit claims and maximise their income. We do this by completing a welfare benefit entitlement check. The team can also helping with grant applications, like Discretionary Housing Payments.

We have a diverse team who are fluent in speaking multiple languages including Bengali.

You can contact us directly to refer yourself or someone else to the service.

Resident Support Outreach Service

What we do and who we can help:

  • Universal Credit applications, benefit guidance and support
  • welfare benefit checks and benefit applications
  • help with council tax arrears
  • help with applications to the Resident Support Scheme and other grants
  • advice on utility discount schemes
  • advice and information on other benefits e.g. Carers allowance, Tax Credits, Child Benefit etc.

You can contact us directly to refer yourself or someone else to the service.

Start referral



Grants graphicHow to contact us

To speak to a member of the team or send any evidence across please email