Local advice, help and support

The council’s benefits service can provide information about your Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and your entitlement to free school meals and school clothing grant. This also covers Discretionary Housing Payments.
The Residents' Support Scheme can provide short term assistance to people in need.
The council tax service can provide information about your council tax bill, discounts and exemptions.


The council's employment support services can provide help and support in finding work.

Advice servicesSupportAdviceSign

You can download the advice agencies leaflet for a list of helpful organisations and also visit the useful websites as follows: