“Job hunting can feel so frustrating on your own. But all it takes is a little help and the results can change your life.”
Salman, Apprentice Fitter and Gardener
Important information related to Coronavirus
Our WorkPath and Young WorkPath offices are closed to the public until further notice.
Our teams will continue to support residents and will provide careers information, advice and guidance over the phone. In addition, please note:
- Young WorkPath Careers Advisers will not be going into schools and colleges. Our colleagues in partner organisations can still contact their school/college Careers Adviser by email or phone.
- For young people, parents or carers wishing to book a telephone appointment, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 3581 2410 (free phone) or 0207 364 1401.
WorkPath is a unique employment service for all Tower Hamlets residents, providing support for people at all levels of work, skill or experience. If you live in Tower Hamlets, we can provide employment support tailored to your needs, whether you need basic skills or advanced training; access to work experience, apprenticeships or graduate schemes; CV help, interview preparation and more.
If you are already working, we can even help you make a fresh start in a new career direction, or progress higher in your chosen area of work.
Our job is to give you the right mentoring, support and helping hand that you need, so you can move forward on your path to employment and realising your full potential.
See what our WorkPath officers do and how they can help you:
One-to-one employment support designed for you
We know that starting any journey can be daunting at first. You may also have personal circumstances that make finding work an even greater challenge.
This is exactly why at WorkPath we have a specialist team of professional advisors with years of experience to help. We’re here to mentor, train and support you to overcome any difficulties you may have in reaching your goals.
For example, we can help with overcoming different types of issues, including:
- lack of motivation or confidence
- lack of relevant qualifications or training
- long-term unemployment
- childcare issues;
- physical health, mental health or disability issues
- little or no work experience
- language skills
- basic skills, including literacy, numeracy and ICT
- coping as a single parent
- debts, arrear or issues with managing your money
- Drug dependencies or addictions
- Lack of contacts, networks or just knowing where to start
It doesn’t matter if you have never worked before, or already have skills and qualifications; or perhaps you just need a helping hand to brush up your professional CV and interview skills; if you’re looking for support to find work and reach your potential, then WorkPath is the right service for you.
Finding your personal WorkPath
Our team will work closely with you to understand what your employment goals are and what’s important to you.
Based on your individual experience and circumstances, they will then help identify what support you need, and develop your own unique action plan towards achieving your goals, or “WorkPath”.
Once you have a clear WorkPath towards achieving your goals, we will be there to ensure you stay on your WorkPath and support you at every step of the way.
Your ‘one stop shop’ for employment and training opportunities
There are hundreds of different types of courses, training providers, employment services and projects in and around the borough, and we know it can be difficult knowing where to start.
WorkPath brings all of these together to provide a ‘one stop shop’ experience, giving you a much simpler and easier route to accessing the relevant programmes and opportunities that are right for you and your goals.
This also includes many other advice and support services related to housing, health and other areas of life, helping you to ensure you can get the best start on your employment journey.
For example, you WorkPath journey may include:
- Training to get ready and confident for employment
- Gaining new skills or qualifications
- An apprenticeship
- Paid work experience
- Special programmes for women interested in health and social care
- Access to temporary work opportunities at the council
- Support with applying for vacancies, including CV and interview skills help
- Housing advice
- Support with disabilities, physical or mental health issues
- Support with drug or alcohol addiction issues
- Help arranging childcare
- Advice on new career directions
- Support with career progression
We are working with two high profile employers to help fill a number of vacancies. For more information, please visit our latest vacancies page.
Get started on your WorkPath – talk to us
Don’t hold back. Contact us and get started on your own WorkPath.
Tel: 020 7364 5000
Drop by and say hello
We also have drop-in sessions at our WorkPath employment centre every Tuesday and Thursday, 10am to 4pm at:
Tower Hamlets Skills and Employment Centre
55 Upper Bank Street
Tel: 020 7364 5000