Creative Enterprise Zone
Creative Enterprise Zones are an initiative funded by the Mayor of London to designate areas where artists and creative businesses:
- can find permanent affordable space to work
- are supported to start-up and grow
- where local people are helped to learn creative sector skills and find new jobs.
Learn more about Creative Enterprise Zones.
Managed by the London Borough’s of Tower Hamlets, Hackney and the London Legacy Development Corporation. Hackney Wick and Fish Island (HWFI) CEZ focusses on protecting one of the world’s most recognisable ‘at risk’ communities of creators.
This includes artists, makers, designers and performers working across the cultural, creative, digital and tech industries. Areas of focus include:
- promote HWFI as a top creative and cultural cluster in London
- support local businesses and welcome new ones.This while ensuring local people benefit from creative sector growth
- support local infrastructure and networks to boost the resilience of the cluster.
Please visit Hackney Wick & Fish Island Creative Enterprise Zone (hwfi.zone) for more information.