Food for Health and Buy Well Awards
The environmental health and trading standards teams work with public health to promote and implement the Food for Health awards.
The scheme is free for all food businesses; the only requirement is that you are to have a food hygiene rating of 3 and above. The scheme recognises the cafes, takeaways, restaurants, staff canteens, convenience stores and market traders that have made changes to the way that they prepare and cook their food to make it healthier for their customers – therefore making healthy choices easier.
The Food for Health award is tiered, so depending on the changes made will depend on what award level is achieved. The tiers include Award, Silver and Gold.
Our Food for Health award winners
Please view the list of all the award winners and case studies
Our Buy Well winners
Please view the list of the market and store winners and the case studies
Do you want to be a Food for Health award winner?
If yes, then complete the application form, online assessment (guidance to help complete the self assessment) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to
Food for Health
Environmental Health and Trading Standards Service,
John Onslow House
1 Ewart Place
The Food for Heath team will contact you to arrange a time to visit and carry out the assessment.
If you would like to discuss the award please call environmental health and trading standards on 020 7364 5008 or email email@example.com
Advantages of being a Food for Health award winner
- You will have access to free Foundation food hygeine training. Please view the food safety training courses
- You will have access to free level 2 food hygeine online training.
- You will have access to a free healthier catering workshop.
- You will have access for to a public health dietitian – who can help you ensure that the preparation and cooking of food is healthier.
- You have access to an environmental health officer who can help with food safety procedures
- You will be ensuring that the food your customers eat is prepared and cooked in a healthier way which can help to reduce obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Follow us on twitter