Community Alcohol Partnership
The Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP) is an award-winning scheme that aims to develop a culture where both adults and young people drink alcohol responsibly and educate retailers of their responsibilities to not sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18.
The CAP area in Mile End has enjoyed a successful year of reducing alcohol related crime and anti-social behaviour (ASB).
We are now surveying residents in Mile End, Stepney Green, Bow West, St Dunstan’s and researching Shadwell as a new CAP area to help continue lowering alcohol related antisocial behaviour and you can help.
We are surveying residents in Tower Hamlets, especially in Mile End Bethnal Green and St Peter’s ward to create a second CAP area and help continue lowering alcohol related antisocial behaviour and you can help.
If you are from Mile End, Stepney Green, Bow West, St Dunstan’s or Shadwell please complete the survey and share with local residents so that we can start a tailored approach to address the issues.
Complete the resident survey
Public health has highlighted that excessive alcohol consumption can lead to a wide range of health related harms. Short term excessive alcohol consumption could lead to impaired senses, mood or personality changes, loss of consciousness and an increased risk of injury and accidents. Prolonged excessive alcohol consumption can lead to heart disease, stroke, liver disease, stomach damage and cancer.
The partnership aims to achieve the following:
- reduce incidents of alcohol sales to young people under the age of 18
- reduce youth-related anti-social behaviour associated with alcohol consumption
- improve the health of young people so they are aware of the consequences and risks associated with drinking alcohol
- reduce incidents of street drinking
- develop a responsible retailing ethos and effective partnership approach in the CAP area
- improve public perception on alcohol related issues.
For more information contact Vincent Fajilagmago, Licensing Team on 020 7364 2286 or email@example.com