The parks and open spaces team are committed to ensuring that parks and open spaces in the borough are of the highest standard for all residents and visitors to use and enjoy.
In order to achieve this we will ensure that:
Litter / cleansing
- Litter is cleared and bins are emptied every day.
- All parks and open spaces are swept twice weekly.
- Dog faeces are removed from grass areas and sport facilities every day.
- Graffiti is removed within 10 days. Racist or abuse graffiti is removed within 24 hours.
- Litter is cleared every day.
- Play areas are swept every day.
- All play areas are inspected weekly
- There is an annual inspection of play areas by an independent third-party specialist
- Reported hazards to play areas or equipment, which have health and safety implications, are made safe immediately. Repairs carried out as required.
- All sports pitches and bowling greens are regularly maintained
- There is an annual renovation programme for all sports pitches and bowling greenss
- Health and safety inspections are carried out regularly on sport pitches and bowling greens.
- There are seasonal bedding displays in Victoria Park,
Lakes and Canals
- Lakes and canals are cleansed every day to remove surface flowing debris