Tower Hamlets is committed to good customer care and has made a promise to deliver excellent customer services to everyone.
The customer promise is a contract between the council and its customers, whichever service they use and however they choose to contact us. It is supported by a series of ambitious standards, which will be regularly monitored.
The customer promise was developed as part of the council’s drive to put the customer first and deliver services that are accessible to all. It sets standards for dealing with:
- visits to council reception areas
- replies to letters, faxes and emails
- telephone enquiries
- online transactions
The standards set in the customer promise ensure that everyone is dealt with courteously, fairly and within set time limits.
Our commitment to you
- We will help you to contact us by publicising easy-to-remember service hotline phone numbers and user friendly online forms
- We will deal with you politely and with respect
- We will give you honest and clear advice about the services available to you
- We will resolve your enquiry the first time that you ask us to
- We will actively ask for and listen to your views on our services
- We will always answer your telephone calls to our service hotlines
- We will respond to your online enquires within the timeline from the auto response sent after completing your online form
- We will respond to your emails when sent to our services email addresses by the next working day
- We will respond to your letters promptly and in plain English.