Waste service strike

A number of Tower Hamlets Council frontline waste service workers and street cleansers will be going on strike from 18 September to 1 October due to a national pay dispute.  

Despite the council working to maintain services for residents, the strike will impact collections and cleansing across the borough. We apologise in advance for the disruption this will cause. 

Find out more about the strike.

Contact us on the phone

For most queries, please call us on 020 7364 5000. Our lines are open 9am to 5pm from Monday to Friday.

 Service Phone number
Council hotline and switchboard 020 7364 5000
 Business Rates  020 7364 5010
 Children services  020 7364 5006
 Council tax  020 7364 5002
 Electoral services  020 7364 0872
 Environmental health, licensing and trading standards  020 7364 5008
 Healthline  020 7364 5016
 Housing benefits  020 7364 5001

 Housing Options

 020 7364 7474
 Parking services  020 7364 5003

 Pest and noise nuisance

 Out of hours noise response (Thursday   to Sunday, 8pm – 3.30am)

 020 7364 5007

 020 7364 5000

 Planning and developmen  020 7364 5009
 Urgent social care for adults  0300 303 6070
 Streetline  020 7364 5004
 Workpath  020 7364 3727
Emergency out of hours (not for out of hours noise complaints) 020 7364 7070


When calling 020 7364 5000 say the name of the person, team or department you wish to speak to.

When prompted, you can ask for: 


14-4 calculator smallCouncil tax 
For enquiries about your bills or payments.

row 9-2 tick in box smallCouncil tax reduction
To find out about council tax reduction or to make a claim.

campaign ribbon bigElectoral services
To join the Electoral Register or to find out about voting

row 10-8 dustbin big

To report all environmental issues.

row 12-1 house smallHousing benefit
To find out about housing benefit or to make a claim.

row 11-7 open book smallLibraries 
For enquiries about library services.

row 2-10 parking smallParking 
To request a blue badge, a residential parking permit, or pay a parking fine.

cash notePayments 
To pay council tax bills. The cardholder must be present.

row 1-8 man woman smallRegister Office 
For births, deaths, marriages, civil partnerships and citizenship enquiries.


row 12-13 hammer small    

Housing repairs 
To report a repair to your council property.