Waste service strike

A number of Tower Hamlets Council frontline waste service workers and street cleansers will be going on strike from 18 September to 1 October due to a national pay dispute.  

Despite the council working to maintain services for residents, the strike will impact collections and cleansing across the borough. We apologise in advance for the disruption this will cause. 

Find out more about the strike.

Legal aid

There is a a range of legal advice and information services available to residents, from legal aid and debt counselling to witness support and child protection orders.

Information on the nearest solicitors firms and advice organisations holding the CLS Quality Mark is available at Community Legal Advice Service. You can also do an online calculation to assess your entitlement to legal aid on this website.

You can also contact your local Tower Hamlets Community Legal Advice Agencies including the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), to help you to resolve legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice.