Safeguarding Adults Board
What to do if you are worried about an adult
If you think you or someone you know is being abused or neglected, you should call the telephone hotline on 0300 303 6070.
Safeguarding enquiries or referrals should be emailed to email@example.com.
Tower Hamlets Connect staff will make sure they get sent straight to the local authority/Initial Assessment Team to action.
You can also visit your local library, Idea Store or leisure centre when open where staff can help you to report abuse.
If you think a crime has been committed and it’s an emergency situation, you should call 999. For non-emergencies call 101.
Safeguarding Adults Board
The Tower Hamlets Safeguarding Adults Board is a statutory multi-agency board that is committed to protecting an adult’s right to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect.
It has overall responsibility for co-coordinating safeguarding adult matters and ensuring that partner agencies carry out safeguarding adults work.
The SAB has three core duties:
- It must publish a strategic plan for each financial year that sets out how it will meet its main objective and what the members will do to achieve this.
- It must publish an annual report detailing what the SAB has done during the year to achieve its main objective and implement its strategic plan, and what each member has done to implement the strategy as well as detailing the findings of any Safeguarding Adults Reviews and subsequent action.
- It must conduct any Safeguarding Adults Review in line with Section 44 of the Act. A SAR is an in-depth review carried out where someone dies or is seriously injured as a result of neglect and abuse.
Board members and terms of reference
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Bart’s Health NHS Trust
- East London NHS Foundation Trust
- Tower Hamlets CCG
- Metropolitan Police
- Tower Hamlets GP Care Group
- Age UK
- Probation Service
- London Fire Service
- London Ambulance Service
- Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Services
- Healthwatch Tower Hamlets
- Tower Hamlets Housing Forum/Options
- Care Quality Commission
- Community Safety Partnership
The Tower Hamlets Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) has four sub-groups that assist the board in meeting its obligations as set out in the Tower Hamlets Safeguarding Adults Board Strategy 2019-24.
The sub-groups are chaired by partners from agencies which represent the SAB and meet on either a bi-monthly or quarterly basis.
The sub-groups each have their own work programme which can be found on the latest SAB Business Plan.
Learning and communication subgroup
Responsible for coordinating the developing multi-agency learning across Tower Hamlets and delivering training to address specific training needs.
Community engagement subgroup
Responsible for promoting and raising the awareness of safeguarding across the borough to all residents.
Quality assurance and performance subgroup
Responsible for the production of performance data on safeguarding across partner agencies which allows members to collectively interrogate the information.
Safeguarding Adults Review subgroup
Responsible for commissioning an independent review when an adult at risk dies or is significantly harmed. Also ensure that learning from SARs is taken on board and implemented.