Duty planning officer service
We provide a free duty planning officer advice service for:
- householder planning applications (i.e. affecting a single dwelling)
- extensions or change of use involving less than 100sqm of floorspace
- shop fronts, signs and adverts for a shop or attached to a business premises
The advice we provide is based on the material that you supply.
Officers will offer advice based upon their own professional judgment but this will not commit us to follow duty officer advice should you make a formal application.
Please note that a site visit cannot be made but you can provide photographs of the site.
You can use the service to:
- find out whether or not your proposed works are likely to need planning permission
- get help with filling in planning application forms
- drop off your forms instead of posting them to us
- look up details of individual planning applications received (you can view details of pending and decided applications by using our online planning register)
- look at the statutory register which holds copies of decision notices and planning agreements since 2000
- request copies of planning documents and reports, including planning policy documents (you can also contact us to request copies)
Advice on local planning policy and enforcement matters is also available.
Seeing the duty planning officer
You do not need an appointment. However, you may have to wait to see the duty planning officer at busy times,
Opening times: 9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday.
Town Hall location map
Location: Visit the ground floor reception of: Town Hall, Mulberry Place, 2 Clove Crescent London E14 2BG
Public transport: Buses 277, D6, 15, 115; DLR: East India or Blackwall Stations.