EU Settlement Scheme - ID verification service
Non-UK EU citizens who do not hold British citizenship and wish to continue living and working in the UK after 31 December 2020 will need to apply for settled or pre-settled status as part of the Government’s EU Settlement Scheme.
As part of the application, you will have to verify your identity using your European identity document.
This is possible to do using an app available on compatible Android devices, but the council is aware that there will be those who may need additional support with technology or who do not have access to a suitable Android device.
The council has launched a new service to allow people in that situation to get ready for their full application by having their passport verified and approved by the Register Office team.
More information about our ID verification service is available below:
Before booking an appointment
Please note that this service is for verifying your identity only and the staff will not be able to provide broader advice on the scheme or specific advice on your personal circumstances.
We are unable to help if you have already attempted to verify your identity unsuccessfully before. If you have completed the application online but need to submit your passport for verification, then we are still able to help as part of this process.
How to book an appointment
Please email your name and telephone number to email@example.com with the subject EUSS. We offer appointments five days a week subject to availability and one of the team will be in touch to arrange a specific time.
There will be a charge of £14 (including VAT) at the time of making a booking. This is payable by debit or credit card only through our automated secure payment system. We will advise you of how to do this.
During the appointment
During the appointment you will need to:
- Provide verification of your identity. This document will be electronically scanned and verified for you. You will take the document with you once you leave the appointment. Please bring to your appointment:
- EU citizens - a valid biometric passport. The scan will confirm your identity so that you'll be able to make an application for settled status. Certain biometric EU ID cards are also accepted. We don't keep your ID document and in most cases you'll not be asked to send your passport anywhere else during the application
- non-EU citizen family member - a valid biometric residence permit issued by the Home Office. We are unable to accept vignettes in passports for this service. We don't keep your ID document and in most cases you'll not be asked to send your document anywhere else during the application
- Provide a valid mobile telephone number. We need to send you an SMS text generated pin number during the appointment in order to proceed.
- Provide a valid email address. Once submitted, an email with instructions on how to complete your application will be sent to the email address you provide. You'll then complete your application yourself at a later time in line with the guidance provided on the email from the Home Office.
We are unable to offer specific immigration advice relating to your application. We are only able to offer the ID verification process. Any immigration queries should be presented to a lawyer or to the Home Office.
For more general advice on Brexit, including on the EU Settlement Scheme and on community cohesion, please make use of our online Brexit toolkit.
Attending an appointment does not guarantee a successful application.
Please note we are unable to refund your fee in the event that you miss an appointment.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org