Coroner: sudden death investigations

If a death happens suddenly or the doctor treating the deceased is unavailable, it may not be possible for a medical certificate of cause of death to be issued. If this happens, the death will have to be reported to the coroner.

If the death has been referred to the coroner, the coroner’s officer will advise you what to do.

Contact the coroner for Tower Hamlets

Poplar Coroners Court
127 Poplar High Street
E14 0AE
Tel: 020 7538 1201

Related services