Food training courses
Food training courses
All courses are certificated and based on the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) criteria.
CIEH Foundation Food Safety
Tower Hamlets Buildings and Food premises
CIEH Level 2 Food Safety
Foundation food safety courses
The Food Safety team provides classroom style food safety courses throughout the year.
These courses are hosted in the council offices and are generally in small groups ranging between 10 to 15 people. The training is provided to you by qualified experienced Environmental Health Officers
- Foundation Food Safety - this course is for you if you already have a basic background knowledge and understanding in food hygiene and will be working to some extent on you own in the kitchen completing routine tasks, following procedures and implementing controls, while being monitored by a supervisor.
- If you would like to attend - please email firstname.lastname@example.org and an application form will be sent to you.
Online food safety courses
We now offer the chance for you to undertake your training online. This is suitable for those that are perhaps looking to refresh their food safety knowledge or have a basic background knowledge and understanding in food hygiene.
- Level 2 Food Safety online training - designed for anyone working in a catering setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled
- The cost is £25 (free for food for health award winners)
- Payment can be made using a debit/credit card by calling 020 7364 5008.
You will need to provide details of your name, address and business name and address and a valid email address for the log in information to be sent to you.
Please complete form and call to make your payment.
You can pay over the phone by calling 020 7364 5008 Stating your name and online food safety payment for £25.
You can also pay by cheque, by posting back the completed application form and cheque for £25 made payable to the "London Borough of Tower Hamlets" to:
Food Safety (Food for Health)
Environmental Health and Trading Standards
2nd Floor, Mulberry Place
5 Clove Crescent
London E14 2BG
Healthier catering workshops
As part of the Food for Health Awards scheme, we’ve produced an online Healthier Catering workshop. This is open to all food business within Tower Hamlets and is free.
Once completed, there is a short form at the end to verify you’ve done the training. Your business could be eligible for a Gold Food for Health Award and you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Are you a Food for Health winner?
Can you attend the next scheduled Foundation food safety training? If you are interested please email email@example.com and an application form will be sent to you. The course is free to attend if you are a food for health award winner.
Find out how your business could become a Food for Health winner.
Food Safety Training
For more information or if you wish to attend any upcoming training courses please contact the food safety team on 020 7364 5008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.