Community Safety Ward Walkabouts

The Community Safety Team has been responsible for the delivery of the annual community safety walkabouts since 2012. These programmes were designed to tackle issues impacting residents on a local level in their wards and giving them the opportunity to:

  • Community safety walkabout -1 Corfield StMeet and speak directly with senior members of the police, council and partners about their local crime and ASB concerns
  • Help to identify and agree actions to include in a robust action plan
  • Observe how we work with other agencies and organisations and hold partners to account
  • To build confidence in the police and council in dealing with local issues impacting residents, making them feel safer and reducing the fear of crime
  • Find out how to become a ward panel member for their ward to help shape local police ward priorities

We have revitalised and rebranded these events and have started to deliver a new series of walkabouts and community action days in 2022. For more information please visit Safer Communities Engagement Days

Useful information

The Council, police and partners would encourage the public to keep reporting these issues using the range of services available to them below:

  • Call 999: in an emergency, if there is a crime occurring or there is a threat to life
  • Call 101: for ASB, including drug dealing. If drug dealing is happening outside of a school or playground, call 999
  • Report Crime, ASB and drug dealing online to the Police (for drug dealing select ‘Report antisocial behaviour’ link)
  • Report ASB online to the Council
  • Call Crime Stoppers to report any crime anonymously on 0800 555 111
  • Contact your Police Safer Neighbourhood Team
  • Register on OWL (Online Watch Link). This portal is used by the Metropolitan Police Service in partnership with local Neighbourhood Watch coordinators to communicate with residents and businesses across the Borough. OWL provides watch members with the latest messages and local crime alerts sent by email, telephone, SMS or fax. Register for this scheme.