Accepted items for bulky waste collection
What we will collect
Each household can arrange two free collections per year. Up to five items can be taken away per collection.
All items must be able to be safely handled by two people and should be less than two metres in length. Please also wrap glass items for safe transportation.
We will take the following items:
- appliances such as fridge, freezer, fridge-freezer, microwave, washing machine/dryer, dishwasher, cooker
- carpet, floor covering & rugs - rolled & tied
- furniture such as wardrobes, sofas, tables, shelves, desks, cabinet or cupboards, beds (base/frame and headboard is considered 1 item)
- internal doors
- small electrical appliances such as TV, vacuum cleaner, computers, lamps, kettles
- water tanks (plastic)
- up to 5 black bags (these cannot contain builder’s rubble/waste or any of the following items in the what we will not collect list)
What we will not collect
We cannot collect anything once part of the fabric, fixtures or fittings of your home, DIY or builders' waste. We collect residents' rubbish only. We will not collect waste produced by contractors, fitters etc.
We will not collect any waste from landlords (as well as managing agents and housing organisations), tradesmen or businesses.
We won't collect:
- American-style fridge (containing double doors that open from the middle outwards)
- any glass
- asbestos - the City of London can arrange an asbestos collection
- builders' rubble or waste including plaster boards, tiles, wooden pallets
- car parts and batteries
- bathtubs or showers
- chemicals, paint, oils, and gas bottles or canisters
- external doors, windows and garage doors
- fence panels
- fire surrounds
- fluorescent tubes
- metal water tank
- snooker tables – full size
- soil and trees
- storage heaters
Book a bulky waste collection