Individuals or families moving over the Christmas Holiday

Your keys should be returned to the managing agent as they should be still open over the Christmas holiday, you should contact the managing Agent directly to find out the dates they will be open.  The Agent may tell you to leave the keys in the property.  (Please note the keys should only be left in the property if a prior arrangement has been made with the Agent).

If you are unable to return the keys to the Agent then you will need to return it to Housing Options Service before 1pm on 2 January 2019.  If your keys are not returned before 1pm on the 2 January 2019 then you will be liable for the full charge without housing benefit.

Finding a doctor or dentist

Changing your GP

When you approach a GP, they will give you a form to complete in order to register at the surgery. Your records will then be transferred from your previous GP.

If the GP you approach refuses to register you, they must tell you why. They can refuse you because you live too far from the surgery or because their list is closed.

They are not allowed to discriminate against you on the grounds of age, medical problems or race, for example. If you are refused, you should call your Primary Care Trust (PCT)for advice.

Changing your dentist

Dentists can decide whom they want to treat. If you are having problems finding a dentist, call your PCT.

Contact your Primary Care Trust

To find the number of your PCT, see the list below:

  • Tower Hamlets – 020 7364 5016
  • Newham – 020 8586 6298
  • Hackney – 020 7683 4645
  • Waltham Forest – 020 8478 5151
  • Redbridge - 020 8478 5151
  • Haringey - 020 8442 6859
  • Enfield - 020 8370 8142
  • Barking & Dagenham – 020 8591 9595
  • Havering – 01708 465 000

See more information about finding a GP or dentist.