Join our thriving team
We are committed to developing excellent Social Work practitioners and if you choose to work with us you will benefit from:
- a diverse caseload and good quality reflective supervision
- bespoke coaching and support from the Learning Academy
- opportunities to undertake further study and complete Post-Qualifying modules through our partner universities.
We offer one of the best salary packages for Social Workers in the country.
- Social Worker - Grade I-K – £40,503 - £51,783
- Advance Practitioner/Senior Social Workers - £52,806- £55,845.
We take staff development and progression seriously
We believe that our strongest organisational asset is the calibre and commitment of our staff. We recognise that for staff to feel confident, knowledgeable and empowered to do their jobs, we need to invest in them through learning and development.
We encourage a strong learning culture at Tower Hamlets where staff development is embedded in supervision, and an extensive training programme.
We also offer structured career pathways to help you to take your career to the next level.
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days per annum
- An additional five days annual leave for continuous local government long service after five years
- Two statutory days which are allocated to the Christmas holiday period
- One concessionary days with the Christmas holiday
- Paid sick leave
Local government pension
A good quality and secure pension scheme, offering stable and attractive benefits.
Funded membership SW England registration
We reimburse all of your Social work England membership fees.
Other employee benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- mental health first aiders
- Revitalised (a wellbeing app for Tower Hamlets staff)
- Cycle scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Discounted local gym membership with Better
- ‘Keeping Well NEL’ who provide a personalised wellbeing and psychological support service to staff providing care to others in the community.
- Season ticket loans
- Rent Deposit Scheme
- Credit Union loans
- Travel allowances (depending on the role)
- Cost co membership
- Discounts with major retailers and leisure services via our 3rd party benefit platform ‘You at Work’
- ‘Tech Scheme’ where you can buy technical equipment with monthly repayments up to three years.
Staff can access a number of discounts and savings with major retailers and leisure services via our 3rd party benefit platform You at Work.
What our staff say
Supporting families division
Assessment Intervention, MASH and Eva Armsby
Family Support and Protection
Children’s Regulated Services and Resources
Children Looked After and Through Care Services
Exploitation, Serious Youth Violence and Gangs Service
Children With Disabilities
Safeguarding and Quality Assurance Service
Youth Justice and Young People’s Service
Family Support and Children and Families Service (Includes Early Help)
1 of 9
2 of 9
3 of 9
4 of 9
5 of 9
6 of 9
7 of 9
8 of 9
9 of 9
How to apply
Visit our recruitment portal for current vacancies. We have simplified the application process by accepting CVs and short application.