Victoria Park Memoryscape Trail
The Victoria Park Memoryscape trail will take you on a historical tour around Victoria Park, where you can listen to memories from local park users and learn about the park's past and how it's changed over nearly 170 years – from the beautiful Burdett-Coutts drinking fountain donated by one of the richest women in the country, to the ever watchful Dogs of Alcibiades statues, mysteriously said to rescue canal users in trouble!
You can listen to the Victoria Park Memoryscape Trail in the following ways:
- download the whole trail or individual tracks to your personal music device from the links below. In addition to this you can also print off the Memoryscape Trail map (listed below). This map provides a suggested route for the trail,beginning at Crown Gate West and finishing at the Stone Alcoves from the original London Bridge. This route takes around 1½ hours to complete, but if you’d prefer you can listen to individual tracks or make your own route.
- collect a pre-recorded headset and trail map from The Hub reception. A refundable deposit of £10 is required for this service.
Please be aware of cyclists and pedestrians as you walk around, especially when on the canal towpath and crossing Grove Road.
- 1. Memory Scape introduction (mp3, 6mb)
- 2. Memory Scape the Dogs of Alcibiades (mp3, 5mb)
- 3. Memory Scape the canal (mp3, 6mb)
- 4. Memory Scape the Pavilion Cafe (mp3, 6mb)
- 5 Memory Scape the lido side (mp3, 5mb)
- 6. Memory Scape the bandstand (mp3, 6mb)
- 7. Memory Scape Burdett Coutts Fountain (mp3, 4mb)
- 8. Memory Scape the bathing lakes (mp3, 6mb)
- 9. Memory Scape the sports pavilion (mp3, 8mb)
- 10. Memory Scape St. Augustine Church stone (mp3, 7mb)
- 11. Memory Scape the stone alcoves (mp3, 7mb)
- MEMORYSCAPE TRAIL MAP