Parking bay suspensions and dispensations


If you wish to clear or reserve a parking bay within one of our residential parking zones, you will need to apply for a suspension.

A suspension can be arranged for major construction, building or road works, filming, access and public safety. These suspensions are subject to a service charge and charge per bay per day.

A limited suspension service is also available to residents for special circumstances such as moving house. These suspensions are subject to a service charge but there is no bay charge for up to two bays for one day.

Note: Service charge is non-refundable for all approved applications

We require at least seven working days to accommodate a bay suspension. This is in order to give residents enough notice to make alternative arrangements.

If a suspension is needed for more than two weeks or of more than 10 car spaces (60 metres), we need ten days’ notice. This is required to allow for a site visit before approval.

Any suspension extensions must give 3 working days' notice to the suspensions team. This must be done by emailing a new application form. It needs to state that you wish for an extension before the expiry of the current suspension. Payments would need to be made promptly, otherwise the extension will not be granted.

Film and television production companies seeking help with parking should contact Tower Hamlets Film Office on telephone number 020 72471244.

You can find out more about our charges for suspensions and dispensations on our parking charges page.

Complete a parking space suspension form



Please use the online map to help locate the relevant parking zone.

Alternatively, you can download the paper parking suspension form and return to the address on the form.


A parking dispensation allows you to wait or load on a single yellow line (or in special cases on double yellow lines).

Dispensations will be granted only where there is no alternative parking available for the reasons set out in the application.

We need at least three working days to process a dispensation request. Vehicle owners are asked to make sure that vehicles using the dispensation do not cause obstruction.

These charges are clearly stated on the bottom of the application form. All charges must be paid in advance.

Please download the dispensation request form and return to the address shown on the form.