Free English language Classes (ESOL) and social mixing activities
Together in Tower Hamlets programme is an ESOL and social integration project for people with low levels of English.
This has been funded through the ESOL for Integration Fund (EFIF) from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG). It is being delivered by three of our providers across the borough:
- Bromley by Bow Centre
- East London Advanced Technology Training (ELATT)
- Workers Education Association (WEA).
Learners are offered 30 hours of free ESOL programme with fully qualified teachers. Learners get opportunities to practise new language skills and are provided with further social mixing activities. Support is also provided to progress onto further learning.
These courses will be mainly delivered online due to the lockdown and where possible face to face provision can be made available.
Criteria for applying
To join the programme participants will need to be:
- Living or studying in Tower Hamlets
- Have little or no English language skills who would most benefit from New to ESOL level (pre–entry to entry level one) support. Learners will be assessed to see if they are eligible for the pre-entry and entry level one programme.
- Not in employment and not actively seeking employment at this stage
- Adults over 19 years of age.
To join a class you will need to take a short test to assess your level of English. If you are interested in the programme please complete the form and someone will get in touch with you shortly.
Register your interest
If you want to register a learner’s interest on their behalf please provide the details of the learner in the registration of interest form.
Idea Store Learning also provides ESOL learning and other courses for learners. Further information can be found on the Idea Store skills for life page.