Family Information Service
During these challenging times the Tower Hamlets Family Information Service is here to assist and support families. We are regularly updating information, guidance and resources for children, young people, families and professionals which can be found on the Tower Hamlets Local Offer.
Visit: www.localoffertowerhamlets.co.uk or if you wish to speak to a Family Information Officer call: 020 7364 6495
The Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, impartial information and advice on a variety of services for children and young people (from birth to 25 years old), parents and families.
The service operates a telephone helpline and drop-in service from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
The FIS provides an outreach service in a variety of settings and also at events.
The Childcare Act 2016 places a statutory duty on Tower Hamlets and other local authorities in the United Kingdom to provide information, advice and guidance.
The Children and Families Act (March 2014) section 30 requires local authorities to publish a Local Offer.
It provides information about provisions they expect to see for children and young people in their area who have special educational needs.
The Local Offer
The local offer is an online resource that is available to everyone. This online resource outlines information on services for children, young people and families in Tower Hamlets in one central place.
It contains factsheets, useful links, videos as well as an online directory of services. The FIS manage and maintains the Local Offer.
We also have more information on the Family Hub website.
- Details on all registered childcare in Tower Hamlets, including childminders, pre-school play groups, before and after school clubs, holiday play schemes.
- Childcare funding
- A brokerage service for Family Information Officer to locate suitable childcare options to meet the needs of the child and family; communicate with childcare providers; provide support to find any funding that might be available for childcare.
Leisure and holiday activities
- Suggestions of things to do and places to go and places to go at weekends and holiday periods.
- Holiday activities for children and young people.
- Parent and toddler groups, swimming classes, youth services, adventure playgrounds and libraries,
- Parenting support, information and advice for mums, dads, lone parents, new parents and parents-to-be. Advice on how to access services/parenting skills..
Special educational needs and disabilities
Signposting and information on support for birth to 25-year-olds with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
Signposting to services available to you