You can find information about becoming a school governor, as well as information for existing governors and clerks to governing bodies.
We have updated all of our web pages so they reflect recent legislation changes. We hope you find the content useful, but if there is anything else you would like added please contact us.
Please read the latest Director's report to governors, April 2020.
See how our governor services team supports schools in the borough:
About governor services
The service aims to support school governing bodies in raising educational attainment by:
- strengthening their capacity to lead and sustain school improvement
- enabling governors to better understand their role.
We provide services that are:
- efficient, effective and value for money
- responsive to the changing needs of governing bodies.
We help ensure that governing bodies reflect the local community by:
- keeping the community informed about the work of governors
- supporting the recruitment of governors from the wider community.
What we do
- provide advice and support for governing bodies and school governors on their roles
- provide a clerking service to schools
- support schools in recruiting and appointing governors
- provide a training programme for governors
- organise a termly director's meeting with governors
- provide the termly written Director’s report to governors on key national and local policy developments
- provide a helpline for confidential advice.
If you are a new governor please take a look at the guidance for new governors page for more information. You also find out about: