Information for young people
What we do
At Tower Hamlets Careers Service, our aim is to help you reach your goals for the future.
We work with young people aged between 13 and 19 – or up to age 25, if you have a special educational need or disability (SEND).
Our friendly, qualified careers advisers are based in the Young Workpath centre in Watney Market. They also work in local secondary schools and New City College.
We help young people with things like:
- making choices about your future
- getting into education (college, 6th form, university)
- getting into training (traineeships and apprenticeships)
- getting into work (including CVs and interviews)
- and more.
Most of our work is with young people who may need extra support. This includes young people who:
- have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND)
- have physical or mental health issues
- are in or leaving care
- are NEET (not in education, employment or training)
- and more.
If you are in education and are looking for careers advice, you should speak to your school, college or university first.
If you are not in education and are looking for careers advice, please contact us. You can phone, email or drop into to the Young Workpath centre.
This website also includes information about topics that young people often ask us about. Please see below.
Careers information and resources
Options in year 8 or 9
Options after year 11
Options after sixth form or college
The world of work