Duty building control officer advice service
You can use our duty building control officer service to:
- get pre-application advice for various application types, including extensions to houses and small commercial buildings, new shop fronts and small infill developments
- find out whether or not your proposed works require building regulations approval.
You are encouraged to get professional technical advice from us before starting any building works. Even if it appears that you do not require approval for some of the work, the end result of doing that work may require approval.
The advice will be given in response to the material that you supply.
You can also use the service to:
- get help with filling in building control application forms
- drop off your forms instead of posting them to us
- request copies of appropriate building control documents – you can also contact us to request copies.
Seeing the duty building control officer
You do not need an appointment. However, you may have to wait to see the duty building control officer at busy times,
Opening times: 1-5pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Visit the ground floor reception of: Town Hall, Mulberry Place, 2 Clove Crescent London E14 2BG
Public transport: Buses 277, D6, 15, 115; DLR: East India or Blackwall Stations.
Town Hall location map