Duty building control officer advice service

You can use our duty building control officer service to:

  • get pre-application advice for various application types, including extensions to houses and small commercial buildings, new shop fronts and small infill developments
  • find out whether or not your proposed works require building regulations approval.

You are encouraged to get professional technical advice from us before starting any building works. Even if it appears that you do not require approval for some of the work, the end result of doing that work may require approval.

The advice will be given in response to the material that you supply.

You can also use the service to:

  • get help with filling in building control application forms
  • drop off your forms instead of posting them to us
  • request copies of appropriate building control documents – you can also contact us to request copies.

Contact the duty building control officer

The Building Control Officer drop-in visitor service is suspended due to coronavirus restrictions.

We continue to offer the Building Control Advice service  and you can get in touch with us through the Building Control Free Advice Form

If  you cannot complete the form, it is usually possible to phone and leave a message for a call back by the duty BC Officer, from Monday - Friday between 9am -1pm

Tel: 020 7364 5009