Post-election review of Polling Places 2021
On Monday 20 September 2021, the council will start reviewing the polling places used in the borough of Tower Hamlets.
Read the notice of post election review of polling stations.
The review will look at the following:
- changes to polling places agreed at Full Council on 15 January 2020
- subsequent changes made since that date following unavailability on a permanent or temporary basis
- what premises should be continued to be used
- what premises will need to be changed
- consideration of alternative polling places.
Read the changes to polling places since 2019 and the polling station comparison. You can also check the polling station finder.
An information report will be presented to the council's General Purpose Committee on Tuesday 5 October and correspondence will be sent to the following on Monday 20 September for comment:
- all elected representatives
- local political parties
- persons and organisations who have a particular interest and expertise in relation to the different aspects of the polling places including location, and accessibility to premises or facilities for persons who have different forms of disability.
Members of the public can also contribute to the review and can reply using the email below or may post comments in if considered more practicable to the address below.
Given this is not a statutory requirement, the period of the review will be for six weeks commencing on Monday 20 September 2021 until Friday 29 October 2021 to enable any changes to be agreed in time for the polls scheduled in May 2022 and beyond.
As well as representations received, statistics and other information to be considered will include:
- Comparative electorate figures by polling place and polling district used since 2019
- The locations of polling places used since 2019 and an assessment made as to their overall suitability for purpose
- Any comments or complaints regarding the current arrangements from the public, elected members, or other bodies
- Information gained from the existing and possible future polling places as to continued availability and suitability
- Details of potential alternative buildings that may appear suitable
- Advice and guidance from local disability groups and disability organisations responsible for engagement with people with disabilities.
The timetable for the review is as follows:
- Formal review notice published - Monday 20 September 2021
- Review period commences - Monday 20 September 2021
- Review period ends - Friday 29 October 2021
- General Purposes Committee – Tuesday 5 October 2021
- General Purposes Committee – Tuesday 18 January 2022 (to be confirmed)
- Full Council for decision - Wednesday 19 January 2022
- Publication of conclusions of review - Friday 21 January 2022
Representations can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to:
Post-Election Polling Places Review 2021
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
5 Clove Crescent