The Strategic Housing team has two main functions:
- to develop housing policy within national and regional parameters, ensuring that this meets the needs of Tower Hamlets diverse communities, and that sufficient multi-tenure housing is provided to meet the needs of a changing population; and
- to build excellent working relationships with central government agencies, other local authorities, housing associations, local housing managers, and the local community in order to ensure the council’s housing targets are met.
This includes management of the Housing Revenue Account (HRA) and monitoring Tower Hamlets Homes to ensure delivery of services to the agreed standard.
The strategy team also manages delivery of decent homes across the borough, primarily through Tower Hamlets Homes, but also through the Tower Hamlets Housing Forum.
Buy-back Programme for ex-council housing
Tower Hamlets is re-launching its Buy-back Programme. The programme provides a fast and reliable way for owners of ex-council properties to sell their home at market value with no chain or on-going commitments.
- Market Valuation
- Trust and Confidence in completing the sale
- Speed of completion
- No estate agents fees.
- Dedicated service
We would like to hear from you if
- You are the owner of an ex-council property
- Your property was sold by the council as least TEN years ago
To be eligible for this scheme your property must be managed by the Council's ALMO - Tower Hamlets Homes
The above information is available in a leaflet: Buy-back Programme
If you are interested, please contact:
Halema Begum via phone on 020 7364 6250 or email email@example.com