How a whistleblowing complaint is dealt with
- You believe there has been a fraud, criminal activity and/or unethical conduct etc.
- You also believe your concern is serious and well founded.
- You wish to know what to do and who to contact?
There are 3 options to take it forward:
- The hotline officer / senior manager will take your details and information about your concern.
- They will fill in the Blow the Whistle report form.
- After the monitoring officer gets the report, they give it a reference number.
- Receipt confirmation will be sent to you. This will be within 5 working days from the first working day after it was received.
- The concern will be reviewed. A decision will be made about how to proceed with it.
- You will be told in writing if the matter will be investigated as a whistleblowing concern.
- If so, an investigator will be appointed.
- You will be told within 15 working days from the first working day the report was received.
- If it needs to be dealt with by another council procedure, it will be referred. If so, you will also be told in writing about this.