Charging your e-bike and e-scooter safely
The battery in your e-bike or e-scooter could be putting you and others at risk
On average, the London Fire Brigade attended 9 e-bike and e-scooter fires a month last year. In 2023, this number is rising.
In Tower Hamlets there has been one e-bike or e-scooter related fire every month.
London Fire Brigade’s charging advice
Prevent fires and protect lives, keep yourself and others safe by following the London Fire Brigade’s advice:
- Never charge while you are asleep or not around
- Unplug your charger once it’s finished charging
- Always use the correct charger for your batteries and buy any replacements from a reputable seller
- Never block your fire escape route with e-bikes or e-scooters
- In the event of a fire, call 999, never try to fight the fire yourself
Find out how you can keep others and yourself safe with more tips from London Fire Brigade.