Building Safety concerns and complaints

Non-council residents

If you live in a residential building managed by a housing association, private building owner or another type of landlord, you need to raise your building safety concerns with them directly in the first instance.

Council residents

If you are a tenant or leaseholder living in a council-owned residential building, we want to hear about any fire and building safety matters that are concerning you.

If you live in a block seven storeys or above, contact your Housing or Building Safety Officer with your concerns, or complete this electronic enquiry form and we’ll make sure it gets to the right member of the team. 

For urgent building safety enquiries, please call 020 7364 5000, or in an emergency outside normal office hours: 020 7364 7070. 

If there is an emergency which requires a response from the Fire Brigade, Police or Ambulance Service then please dial 999.

As a tenant or leaseholder of the Council, if you are unhappy with the building safety services the Council is providing then please get in contact with us and give us a chance to resolve your concerns. 

You can also make a building safety-related complaint using the Council's complaints process.

London Fire Brigade are another contact to speak to about fire-related safety concerns.

Need more help?

If you live in a building within scope of the Act (this includes blocks that are seven storeys or more or 18 metres and above) and have a question or complaint about how your landlord has dealt with a building safety-related issue, you can contact the Building Safety Regulator. They offer guidance on how they can help you on this page: Contact the Building Safety Regulator - GOV.UK (