Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis

Where can I get help?

You can seek help either for yourself or on behalf of somebody else.

If you're part of a family who wants more help, speak to somebody who already knows or works with your family. 

This could include:

  • A member of staff at your child’s school
  • Children’s Centre Staff
  • Youth Centre worker
  • Health workers
  • People from voluntary or community organisations

These professionals should be able to explore what support is needed and take the appropriate action.

However, if you don't want to talk to somebody you already know or if you are a professional looking for advice or support for a family - please complete the enquiry form providing as much information as you can.


Complete the enquiry form




Alternatively, you can call the Early Help Hub on 020 7364 5006 and select Option 2. The line is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding public holidays). The team can give advice and guidance, can identify appropriate support and refer on to services where applicable. 

If you believe a child is in immediate danger call 999.

If you think that a child is at risk of significant harm or that a child is already experiencing harm, please contact the Multi- Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Team.

Call 020 7364 5006 and select Option 3. The line is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. 

Out of office hours please call Emergency Duty Team on: 020 7364 4079. Find out more about the Early Help Hub.


What happens after you get in touch for Early Help Support?


Usually, from your contact with an Early Help Practitioner you will be given information about services that you or others in your family can access directly.

However, in some cases, it may be helpful to explore things a bit more fully. If this is the case an Early Help Assessment (EHA) may be completed with you. This will usually involve more discussions between you and (if you agree) other members of your family and relevant professionals to think about how you can best be supported.

If there is more than one professional that is working with you and your family, a lead contact person will be agreed (a Lead Professional).The Lead Professional will help coordinate the support provided to your family so that different services are not duplicating the work.

It may also be helpful to have a Team Around the Family (TAF) Meeting with you and those involved in supporting you and your family, to agree face to face, the support needed to help you with the things you are finding hard. This will be written up so you have a copy of the plan.

After an agreed period, the Lead Professional will get in touch with your family to check how things are going and review what is happening. If you are happy with the progress you are making and the input of professionals is no longer required, their involvement will end. 

If you feel that your family still needs support from Early Help services, the original plan may be revised according to your family’s needs. The professionals' involvement will continue until a point where you are able to manage the areas of difficulty without the professional support. 


An Early Help Assessment will only be carried out if you give consent. If you do not wish to have an assessment or take up support available, you do not have to. However, if the situation gets worse and a child or young person is likely to be at risk of significant harm, we may have to inform Children Social Care’s Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (More commonly known as the MASH).


If you contact the Early Help Hub regarding a family you are working with you MUST have the consent of the family. The response you receive will depend upon your role, the needs of the family and the help already being provided. You will be given advice on support available and or actions to be taken which may include further direct work. An Early Help Assessment (EHA) or Team around the Family Meeting (TAF) may be recommended. General advice and guidance can be given, without consent if no family names are given and the family is not identified in any way.

How we use your information

When you contact us to request help or if someone contacts us on your behalf with your consent, we will store information about you in order to provide information, advice and support. We may also need to share your information with other organisations.

Please see full details of how we will store and share your information on our privacy notice under 'early help services'.