Change of circumstances
Until you are rehoused or an application is withdrawn or cancelled you must tell us immediately of any change of circumstances.
Please tell us if:
- your contact details have changed
- you have changed address
- your family grows or someone moves out
- your marital status has changed (including the death of a spouse / partner)
- your sole or joint income increases to more than £90,000 per year
- you want to add or remove a joint applicant
- you or someone on your application has changed name
- you or someone on your application becomes the owner or gains a legal interest in a property. This can be in the UK and/or abroad
- there have been any gender changes in the household
- you or a household member becomes connected to someone in Tower Hamlets Council or a housing association
- there are any other changes you think we should know about
You can tell us about more than one change at a time.
Before you tell us of changes
Once we have processed your application, we will tell you how to bid for a property, and what your bidding reference number is. You will then be able to login to the Homeseekers Housing Applications website to report any changes of circumstances that occur. You must also report any changes which have happened since you submitted your application form.
Make sure the details you enter on the form are true and accurate. We will assess your application based on the information you give us.
Please read our obligation to be truthful statement before you tell us about changes.
How to tell us about a change of circumstances
The link below will take you to the Housing Application website.
If you have already registered on the Housing Application website, log in and click on the “Changes to Make” button to report your change.
If you have not previously registered on the Housing Application website, please register. After we have approved your registration, log into the portal then click on the “Changes to Make” button to report your change.
Tell us about a change of circumstance
Advice on uploading documents
You will need to upload documents as proof.
Please check the file type before you try to upload it as we can only accept documents with the following extension types: doc, docx, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, rtf
You can either scan your documents, or photograph them with your phone’s camera. Make sure the picture is clear and shows all of the document.
A document cannot be larger than 5MB (that's 5,120KB).
Read our tips on how to use your phone to create PDFs of your documents.
If you do not have access to a scanner or camera phone at home, you may be able to use a scanner at most Idea Stores or the Residents Hub at Tower Hamlets Town Hall, 160 Whitechapel Road, E1 1BJ.
How to upload a document
Log into the Housing Applications website and click on “My pending applications” or “My Current Applications”. Then click on the “Actions” button next to your application, select “Upload Supporting Documents” from the dropdown list, and follow the instructions on the next page.